DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, and BELONGING (DEIB) in the workplace have become increasingly important to both small and large employers, and both locally as well as across the nation. Having a diverse workforce brings new perspectives and ideas to your business, and prioritizing DEIB concepts can help attract top talent to your company.
So, how do you get started?
Embarking on this journey isn’t easy. Implementing sustaining DEIB strategies takes time and effort. The good news, though, is you don’t need to be a large company with dedicated staff to get started. You need buy-in from your leadership, and at least one team member willing to learn best practices and begin implementing them in your organization.
Ready to get started?
Great! The Implementation page walks you through some initial thoughts to begin.
- Review the full toolkit to gain a better understanding of what is included.
- Share the information with key members of your team who will be part of the process.
- Pick ONE area to begin your focus.Read through that section and, with your team, develop a plan to incorporate those practices into your business.
We’re here to help!
Through this collaborative effort, our Chambers will host virtual forums during which tips and best practices will be shared. These forums will also allow you to ask questions and discuss challenges and successes with other business owners and managers.
WHAT IS THIS TOOLKIT?
This DEIB toolkit is …
- Designed to be a starting point for your company.
- Meant to be an ongoing process and engage your entire team.
- Intended to promote awareness through relevant examples
- Likely to help you improve your workforce and your bottom line.
This toolkit is not…
- Completely turnkey. The concepts will enable you to begin the process, but you’ll need to do the work to implement new practices.
- Meant to be tackled all at once. Pick one area and begin integrating it into your company.
- Going to change your business overnight. There is no checklist for DEIB, but it will get you started with one positive change at a time.