Join the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce in providing Christmas gifts to Delaware County children in need by dropping off a new, unwrapped Christmas gift in a Toys for Tots collection box located throughout Delaware County.
Toys for Tots works with the U.S. Marine Corps to provide a tangible sign of hope to economically disadvantaged children at Christmas. The Toys for Tots program was created in 1947 and has distributed 584 million toys to date to 265 million children.
In 2022, The Delaware County Chamber, through its member businesses, collected over 3000 toys which were distributed to Delaware County children through Delaware Opportunities.
This year, participating members who have placed toy collection boxes in their businesses include:
- Community Bank, Delhi
- Delaware County eCenter, Delhi
- Delaware County Sheriff’s Office, Delhi
- Coldwell Banker Timberland Properties, Margaretville and Delhi
- Strickland Hollow Tasting Room, Delhi
- Robinson Terrace Nursing Center, Stamford
- NBT Bank, Margaretville, Grand Gorge, and Hobart
- Delhi Telephone Company, Delhi
- Margaretville Telephone Company, Margaretville
- Hobart Hardware, Hobart
- Hobart Book Stores, Hobart
- Beaver Mountain Log Homes, Deposit
- Ren Rest Building Supply, Walton
- The ARC of Delaware County
- Jim Serio Real Estate, Hancock and Walton
- Friesland Campina
- Western Catskills Community Revitalization Council
- Peace, Love, and Yoga, Roxbury
- Hamden Inn
- Saint James Church, Lake Delaware
This year’s Delaware County campaign runs through December 8. Chamber staff will pick up the toys from member businesses on December 8 and deliver them to Delaware Opportunities which has partnered with the Chamber to provide distribution of the gifts to Delaware County families.
To sign up a family in need of Christmas gifts contact Delaware Opportunities at 607.746.1603.