WHAT IS A CHAMBER AMBASSADOR?
Ambassadors perform several duties in the Chamber, but the primary function is to help promote the Chamber, welcome new members to the Chamber, and make Chamber events more successful and enjoyable for everyone. They are a special group of volunteers who help promote the Delaware County business community and support Chamber functions.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A CHAMBER AMBASSADOR
- Has a lively, engaging, and proactive personality
- Can make the shyest person feel comfortable and welcome
- Projects a positive image for his/her company and the Chamber
- Enjoys having fun at a professional event
- Has confidence to make personal contact with any Chamber member
- Encourages others to become Chamber members
- Volunteers about three to four hours a month as an Ambassador
THE AMBASSADOR COMMITMENT
- Participate at quarterly Ambassador meetings
- Attend Chamber ribbon cutting, grand opening programs, and other events
- Assist with member retention
- Greet new members and introduce them to other members at Chamber events
- Knowledge of the Chamber, its staff, committees,and benefits
- Acting as a contact for new and existing members to help them best utilize their memberships
- Encourage members to attend Chamber events, programs, and involvement opportunities
BENEFITS OF BEING AN AMBASSADOR
- Photo with name and company affiliation on the Ambassador page on Chamber website
- Opportunity to connect one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members, meet local business and community leaders.
- Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber events
- Gain an insider’s perspective of the local business community
- Chance to promote community and business growth
- Personal and professional recognition
READY TO COMMIT?
Complete this form and return to the Chamber. Let’s talk!