Empire State Development recently announced more than $3 million in “Raising the Bar” Restaurant Recovery Funds to assist restaurants in New York state during the COVID-19 pandemic. This grant funding has been made possible through financial donations led by Diageo North America and supported by Coastal Pacific Wine & Spirits (a division of Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits) and will be implemented by the non-profit National Development Council (NDC).
The “Raising the Bar Restaurant Recovery Fund” will help eligible restaurants adjust their operations to the impacts of COVID-19 and adherence to New York’s public health and safety measures during the winter months when outdoor dining is limited.
Maximum grant amount $5,000.
To qualify for the program, an establishment must:
- Be full-service restaurants (NAICS code 722511), or establishments engaged in providing food services and meals prepared on-premises to patrons who traditionally order and are served while seated (i.e., waiter/waitress service), including on-premises food and drinking establishments licensed through the State Liquor Authority (SLA). Establishments providing take out or grab and go food services due to COVID-19 restrictions are also eligible;
- Franchises are not eligible;
- Have no more than $3 million in 2019 revenue;
- Be located in New York State;
- Have been in operation on or before March 1, 2019;
- Certify and demonstrate that they have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19
Apply at nysrestaurantrecovery.fluxx.io or the Diageo, Southern Glazer and NDC webpages. Applications open January 11, 2021.