Leadership Delaware, an initiative of the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce and SUNY Delhi, is seeking people committed to community service who would benefit from strengthening leadership skills while developing a personal professional network.
The 2017 Leadership Delaware program is currently accepting applications for its 10-month curriculum that begins in June. Up to 15 individuals can participate. Participants will be introduced to critical issues facing the Catskill region through lectures, discussion groups, on-site visits, and other leadership development activities. Issues that will be addressed include health and human services, government process, judicial system, agriculture, arts, culture, tourism, education, industry, and quality of life.
Candidates will be selected based on their:
- Commitment and motivation to community service.
- Previous community service or a desire to become involved in community activities.
- Interest in public service and a desire to learn more about public policy.
- Potential to advance to a leadership position within their companies.
- Commitment to remain in Delaware County.
Preference will be given to Delaware County residents but non-residents are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be sponsored by a business or a community leader and provide references. Tuition, payable by a sponsor or a participant, is $295, and includes all materials and fees.
For more information and an application, contact the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce at 607-746-2281 or email email@example.com.